Sunday 16 April 2017

God’s Power in the Rain

Hello All,

Today is Easter!

Easter is not about chocolate eggs or adorable bunnies. I love chocolates and baby bunnies, but Easter is so much more than food and furry pets.

Easter is a special day set aside to commemorate a daily reality – Christ has risen from the dead! Jesus did not only foretell His death but He reminded His disciples repeatedly about His resurrection. The eyewitnesses, the empty tomb, and the written records give us more than we need to have full faith and confidence in this miraculous reality.

As Christians, this knowledge may have lost its significance to us. We may have forgotten the joy we felt on that first Easter morn when we embraced Christ as our risen Saviour.



God’s Power in the Rain
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

Why is Christ so small in my eyes?
Why are trials insurmountable?
Christ has risen to the bright sky
This miracle is no fable

Why is Christ so small in my eyes?
Is He not the great, risen King?
Why do I, on my strength, rely?
When to Him, my trials, I can bring

Why is Christ so small in my eyes?
Why are my eyes fixed on my pain?
Why do I take in Satan’s lies?
I see God’s power in the rain!

No, Christ is not small in my eyes!
For His Spirit dwells within me
His great strength, He’ll daily supply
He’ll lead me on clouds of glory


Points for Reflection:
And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were alarmed.  And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him.
(Mark 16:5-6 ESV)
·         Jesus is alive! Do you believe that? If so, then has that reality lost its meaning to us?
·         In the trials and troubles of this life, it is so natural for us to get distracted from the joy of knowing the risen Lord.
·         We often lose sight of God in our pain and rely on our own strength and resources to get us through the day.
·         Have you been bringing your worries, struggles, and sadness to God in prayer? Or have you been placing full confidence in your resources?
·         The resurrection of Jesus Christ should be the driving force that propels us from the valleys that we are so deeply entrenched in.
·         Ask Him to give your fresh eyes to look in wonder and amazement at the greatest miracle of all time. Because of this miracle, we do not have to keep searching for new ones, but we can rest in the assurance of our salvation through Christ’s death and resurrection.
·         Jesus autem vivit!


No comments:

Post a Comment