Monday 3 April 2017

Linked to the Divine

Hello All,

Are you weighed down by the burden of sin? Are there sinful thoughts, words, and actions that you cannot seem to rectify or overcome?

Do you think that you are a good and morally upright person with no need for repentance? Do you truly realise the sinful state of humanity and your heart?

Are you looking for help in your sinful state?



Linked to the Divine
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (17 March 2017)

My heart is filled with guilt
Defiled; choked up with silt
Unclean, unclean, unclean!
Filth that no one has seen

Lord, I cry out to You
My sins, I truly rue
Cleanse me and make me whole
Cleanse the filth in my soul

You are the faithful Vine
I’m linked to the Divine
Though pruning may be hard
There are sins to discard

Help me abide in You
Help me love what’s true
Help me cling to the Cross
Where Christ paid sin’s high cost


Points for Reflection:
Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
(John 15:3-4 ESV)
·         We are not made clean by good works but by abiding in Jesus Christ, the faithful Vine. If our good works could purify us, there would be no need for Jesus to die in our place and cleanse us of our sins.
·         Are you bringing your struggles with sin to God in prayer?
·         Are you abiding in Christ and nourishing your mind with His Word?
·         Are you relying on the Holy Spirit to transform your heart and give you the desire to live for Christ instead of just trying to change your external behaviour? It is possible to look good on the outside but it is only God who can cleanse the filth in our hearts.
·         Do not lose heart in your combat against sin. We are living in a fallen world and there are many things that will strive to pull our hearts away from righteous living. But you are not alone in this battle for God’s Holy Spirit dwells within you and enables you to overcome sin.

·         Look to the cross and find mercy in the arms of the Saviour who bled and died for sinners like you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment